WHO ARE WE?
Marin County Association of Retired Employees (MCARE) was formed in 1970 and incorporated in 2018. MCARE was established to represent retirees on both local and state levels. MCARE is the only official representative of MCERA retirees.
MCARE is a 501 (c) (4) tax exempt non-profit Corporation
WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE?
- Keep our members informed through our monthly newsletter (KIT).
- Keep our members informed through our website www.mcareinfo.org, and special emails.
- We also hold a monthly luncheon with speakers who keep us up to date on pensions, medical plans, pending legislation and other matters that may be of interest.
- Hold social functions to stay in touch with fellow members.
- Provide benefits to our members.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- MCARE provides representation before the nine (9) member MCERA organizations and the Marin County Employees Retirement Association (MCERA) regarding retirement matters.
- A scholarship program that awards three scholarships annually to children and grandchildren of our members.
- Monthly newsletter “Keeping in Touch” (KIT) informs members of local and state-wide issues of interest to our retirees, announces meeting dates, luncheons and special events.
- A supplemental insurance program is available to MCARE members through Pacific Group Agencies, offering Dental, Vision, Pre-paid Legal, ID theft, Hearing Aid Discounts and other insurance plans.
MCARE members get together for a monthly luncheon the second Tuesday of the month at San Rafael Joe’s for good company, good food, and interesting speakers. We celebrate Spring with a picnic and gather in December for a very popular Holiday Party.
MCARE BOARD MEETINGS
Board meetings are presently held every other month. The meetings are announced in the monthly newsletter. Information is also available on the website.
All are welcome!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN?
All MCERA retirees from the following agencies are eligible:
- City of San Rafael
- County of Marin
- Marin City Community Services District
- Marin/Sonoma Mosquito & Vector Control District
- Marin Superior Court
- Novato Fire Protection District
- Southern Marin Fire Protection District
- Tamalpais Community Services District
HOW DO I JOIN?
Download and complete the membership application and mail it to MCARE. Click here to download a membership application.
The dues are only $2.00 per month. Membership applications are forwarded to MCERA and the dues are deducted from your retirement payments.
MCARE is a member of the California Retired County Employees Association (CRCEA), a state-wide organization of the 20 counties under the 1937 Retirement Act. CRCEA hosts two conferences a year. MCARE delegates attend these conferences and obtain updates on pending State and Federal legislation that could impact 1937 Act retirees, along with other important information.